Thursday, November 12, 2009

post reunion blues

My cousin and uncle left on Wednesday morning. It made me a lot sadder than I expected, I've been in mourning about the loss of the cousin I hardly had before the weekend. It's sort of silly, I don't know if it's just girly hormones or what, but I think it's because my cousin and I are alike and it was fun to find a "kindred spirit," or however that is phrased.

I got to play in the pharmacy again today. As much as I like my co-workers on the sales floor, it is exciting to learn something new, and as nerdy or weird as it may sound, I just like counting pills. Today I was at one of the stations checking out pills (I should know what the position is, but I don't) and learned the basics of the computer program. Unfortunately there is a chance that they will be going back to the old computer system that they used before I started there, which would mean learning the whole process over again.

Dave is starting a small rock group at his school and is also working on the elementary concert program. It's causing some stress, but I think he's excited about the rock part. When we both come home from work with stress it seems to cause rifts and today there was a small fight. The best part about fighting is the communication afterward. I feel a lot closer and loved after those talks, but I wish I could get better at staying calm during a disagreement rather than reacting and escalating.

I'm distracted because Dave is playing The Daily Show on Hulu and it's about bed time, so I'm signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment