Wednesday, November 18, 2009

colder weather, nice weekend, kiki fix

Now that it's sufficiently cold enough that I don't go outside to sit and relax, I'm excited for the lake to freeze over. There have been a few mornings of thin sheets of ice on the shady parts of the lake, but it always melts once the sun rises above the trees. There are cross country skis in the garage, but I don't think Dave or I have any boots that fit into the bindings. If it stays really calm and there isn't snow the lake would freeze nicely for ice skating. I should look into getting boots for the skis, I'm not sure if I would just bring the skis in, or if there is a binding sizing somewhere on the skis.

In Kiki news, Dave took her into the vet last Friday since she continued her bulimia. The vet said that she seemed very healthy other than some arthritis. After some blood tests the vet told Dave that the problem was most likely a food allergy and that we would have to switch her cat food. We had the option of an 8lb sack at the vet's for $40, or going to Petco and getting a 10lb bag for $21. We went with the cheaper option, since we were going to the twin cities that weekend anyway. So far Kiki has not vomited once since being on the new diet, if this keeps up we will stock up next time we go down, although 10lbs should last her at least a month or two.

The weekend was nice, we got to see all parents (both of his and all 3 of mine) and still got a couple errands done. We ate at McDonald's for the first time in a long time when we were on our way down. I used the unhealthy oportunity to it's maximum by ordering an apple pie, ice cream cone, and burger. Dave and I had a mini-discussion about whether or not he ordered me a burger, or a plain burger since there was absolutely nothing on it, not even ketchup. I ate at "It's Greek to me" with my dad on Saturday. We were duds on Saturday night and went to bed before 10pm (similar to most nights). On Sunday we took a trip to Costco with my parents and sampled from the variety of freebies.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and start with the Christmas presents even though this is already an expensive month (with the loan and our 6 month pay on car insurance). I'm not going to want to do it later either so I guess I'll just have to decide by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment