Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kiki and the food trail

As I have mentioned previously, our cat, Kiki, has problems holding down her food. She vomits a lot. We were trying different ways to prevent the vomiting. I used to brush her every morning when her fur was still long (I may go back to doing that even with the short do), we tried the "Furminator" hair brush, but her type of fur doesn't seem to work well for that, and most recently we tried a treasure path of food. When it was time to feed Kiki I picked up a cup of her food and began to drop 2-3 pieces every few feet through out the house. Kiki anxiously followed me around and would stop at every 4th or 5th grouping to dine. After a while she gave up and just looked dejected. For the next 4 days there were just pieces of her food all over the carpet. She wouldn't find them and eat them, she just came to us and complained that there wasn't anything in the bowl. Lazy. I finally went around and placed the pieces back into her food dish but we are still finding the random piece when we walk around. We read that we should be giving her some wet food or raw meat. Apparently she doesn't like either. On days that I cook meat plain before adding spices, etc. I may break some off and try that but it hasn't happened yet (tonight we're having a pork loin recipe with rice and squash).

In work news things have been going mostly well. I stayed late today because someone came in just before my shift ended to get a commode and wheelchair. There is a LOT of paperwork, for a wheelchair especially. I noticed some things that bothered me, a co-worker going to the back to get a drink and not coming back for about 10 minutes, another co-worker talking with others while things started to get busy by the pharmacy... but I am realizing that neither of the incidents lasted very long and they are probably things I have done myself without realizing it. Especially if I run into someone who needs help with something while I am just running to get water.

It's about time to take dinner out. It wouldn't be quite so late if not for all of that paperwork, but there's always an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment