Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bonding and falsetto

This weekend has been pretty nice and relaxing, but also satisfying because I got laundry done and my parents really helped out with the yard, groceries, and sewing. The yard is officially raked as well as it is ever going to be, I have an okay amount of food in the house, and my mom was able to hem Dave's pants with a cuff (something I had been putting off for two months).

Today my uncle and cousin arrived from Idaho and Montana respectively. I see my uncle once a year most years, but I have only seen my cousin once or twice ever and the last time was when I was in elementary school. We all had dinner together, then said goodbye to my parents, and finally got down to rocking with my (40ish??... haven't asked or figured it out yet) cousin. We played about 3 hours of rockband and each rotated positions until Mike was singing "Underneath it All" by No Doubt in awesome (and somewhat hilarious) falsetto.

A lot of times I like hiding out in the house and not being social, but the times I feel the most alive and connected are usually when I'm with other people. I still think that I re-energize when I'm alone, but I'm still working on getting over the idea that the best time is time alone.

In case I sounded a little haughty about the health stuff in the last blog (or two?), I will now tell on myself for my eating habits today. I started out the day with a large piece of banana bread (the loaf was made with two sticks of butter), moved on to a chocolate/cheesecake cupcake, and finished out the midday with some cheesy jalapeno chips. But hey, I still took my vitamins and had some V8, does that count for anything??

No comments:

Post a Comment