Friday, November 6, 2009

loan and trip

I love that it's Friday. This week was very busy at work and we did a decent amount of cleaning at home in preparation for my parents and my uncle and cousin coming up to visit. One of my co-workers, I will call her Mother D, and I have been meshing very well and got so much done this week. She's great because she's so vocal. At times that can be a tiny bit on the dramatic side, but overall it's really nice because she's so helpful and really lets me know how things should be, and when I'm doing a good job. Anyway, I need to make sure that she knows how much I appreciate her efforts.

I'm very excited because I am planning a trip to see a friend in Norway, and because Dave and I are going to pay off his student loans. The trip won't be for a few months but things are looking good as far as saving and getting to see friends and new places. Dave and I have been saving money and after talking for a while we decided that paying off the loan was a better money saver in the end. We will try to make up most of the money we are putting into the loan in 8 months. That might not work, but I think we could probably do it in less than a year, and for now that's good enough for me. We're also looking into moving our car loan to another company but I don't know much about that so I'll have to talk to the bank. I plan to call them on Monday (sorry, a lot of this is turning out to be a note to self).

I've been trying to be healthier lately with mixed results. Overall my diet is healthier, especially at breakfast (oatmeal and V8 juice), but I haven't done exercise besides doing a yoga dvd the other morning. Most of the dvd just had me getting into wussy poses. Sorry, I know that there are tons of benefits to yoga, but there didn't seem to be anything athletic about what I was doing. It seemed like a good thing to do after a strenuous workout. I'm not going to be jogging any time soon, a mixture of laziness, cold weather, and deer hunting danger, so maybe I'll try more exercise dvds. The best outcome of the healthy eating and getting enough rest is that I haven't really been sick (unless you count the weird flu shot incident in early October). I hope everyone else out there is staying fairly healthy, or that there is good health in the near future if not.

No comments:

Post a Comment