Monday, November 23, 2009

all by myself...

I am feeling so lazy and unmotivated. I was surprised that Dave wasn't home when I got home from work, so I looked for my phone to see if he left a message (I forgot it at home again today). Sure enough, there was a message explaining that he had parent teacher conferences tonight and tomorrow night. Although Dave being home doesn't help my motivation, the mood is at least a little happier and lighter. It was very quiet and even with music things didn't seem the same.

I made a Reuben casserole for dinner. I am starting to go through our canned goods (some of them are left over from my grandma) and trying to use them up. The canned good in focus tonight was sauerkraut. It ended up being pretty good. I was supposed to use mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing but I didn' t have the right dressing so I just used blue cheese dressing. It was a little strong and not as sweet as the real recipe, but still decent.

On Saturday Dave and I went on a walk searching for a Christmas tree. We found a couple of candidates but I was surprised at how sad many of the trees looked. Apparently there must be a lot of work pruning at a tree farm to keep the trees looking pretty.

Yesterday I cleaned up my computer and moved the important stuff on to an external drive before Dave wiped my computer. I wanted it running better and I have plans to put my favorite music off of all of my cds onto the computer. That might end up taking up a good amount of space so I figured I'd better make some room. I also played with Gimp, an open source program similar to Photoshop. Since I'm no fun tonight I will post the results of yesterday's play...








This is double Lydia (the ferret) and Kiki rocking out on our PS3 toys, with and without makeup and wardrobe.


Below is a summer pic of me softened and with a flare. If you look into the sunglasses you can see Dave taking the photo.

1 comment:

  1. We used to go cut a tree down from out in the woods when I was a kid. They never looked as full as the trees you get from a farm (they DO spend a lot of time pruning those), but it was special because Dad cut it down himself. And enough decorations can hide any holes. Also, that's what corners in your living room are for. ;-)

    ReplyDelete