Friday, July 10, 2009

nevermind, time to celebrate!

Yesterday Dave and I were so down about the job stuff that we forgot there was still a possibility of him getting one of them (the other job he knew for a fact was taken), which is why it was so much of a happy shock when he was offered the job today! I'm sort of anti-exclamation point, so using one in both the title and post should indicate how exciting this information is.

I work with adults that have special needs and am not supposed to answer my phone while working unless the company is calling me. Today Dave called a couple times in a row so I was naughty and answered... hey, it could have been an emergency right? Really I had an idea that if he was trying me more than once it may be related to the job situation, so when I picked up I immediately asked him if he got the ___ job, to which he (as is obvious at this point) responded "yes." Part of what is so exciting is that this is the job that allows us to live in the un-inhabited grandma's house. Did I mention that this house is on a lake? I'm very excited... now I just have to find a job and life will be near-perfect.

Dave is trying to get me to ditch my late shift so I can party with him. While that is not going to happen I did put some wine in the fridge and maybe he will still be up at midnight when I return home.

2 comments:

  1. So did you get to celebrate? I'm so happy for you guys!

    ps. I really like your writing. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No... sadly as we are getting a bit older (I know, I know, we're still very young)...when I arrived home we were both tired and went to bed. We did have the wine on Saturday night (I wasn't a fan, Dave liked it but I prefer a fruitier red and this was... furry as my mom would put it. (Also thanks for the compliment!)

    ReplyDelete