Sunday, July 19, 2009

In the last few days I've been busy (not an excuse for not writing busy though). Finishing up working, I have three days left, and packing mainly. Now that I have so few food items in my cupboards it's been easier to come up with dinner ideas, the fewer options the easier.

Yesterday I had a facial at Origins, complements of my younger sister. She also did my make-up and then we went out with Dave, Alex's (my sister) date, and his friend. Burgers and beer - I was not feeling in a very "beery" mood but the boys were. Everyone agreed that the burgers seemed particularly delicious and we had good conversations (I thought anyway).

The bigger news that I should probably address is that I got an interview for a job. It's 30 miles away from where we would be staying (and 30 in a different direction from the 50 Dave would be going for his job) and it's teaching band. I'm frightened. I'm nervous about both the interview and the possibility of teaching again. Dave gave/lent me a book to read by Harry Wong called "The First Days of School - how to be an effective teacher." It's supposed to be great advice about classroom management... making kids behave. The nice things about the timing of the interview are that I will be done with my job, and I will already be in the area. I will be going there on Wednesday to help my mom with a garage sale at my grandma's house (the one I will be moving into), and the interview is on Friday. After the interview I will go back to the garage sale - if for no other reason to just calm down and relate what happened, and then go back to Duluth (where we live now) so I can rest up for the big move on Saturday. Things are looking pretty good, lots of boxes and less loose stuff.

I should go, the ferrets are giving me sad eyes. They haven't received nearly as much playtime since they get into everything = ferrets packed in a box for a week = not good.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the interview! I know you are nervous, but if it's meant to be it'll happen, and if not something else will come along. :) We need to hang out again before you guys move, if you have time. Let us know when you are free!

    ReplyDelete