Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grandma got run over by a reindeer (but not really)

No cooking today, Dave and I went to my grandma's after work for her home's holiday party. The food was pretty great, and best of all I didn't have to cook or do dishes. My grandma took a surprising amount of food, surprising until she started to give it to Dave and me. Sometimes I think this is part of the Great Depression mentality - she better take what she can get and make sure we have enough, she was born in 1916 after all. Once dinner was over it was easy to see where I got my sweet tooth from, Grandma had no trouble putting away the ice cream and tiny cake squares, we even snuck some back to her room. Dave was quite the gentleman helping out some octogenarians with seating and drinks. I have to admit that spending time there makes the distant future seem a little scary, but also helps me to appreciate my youth and health.
Another confession... I am mostly writing every day lately so that I can post a new Santa's Marching Band song on here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment