Sunday, December 20, 2009

family weekend

I meant to put another music video up on Friday morning but got to busy packing and trying to make it to work on time.
We left for the cities Friday evening and went out to Saint Paul late to watch our friends band perform. We got back to (my) in-laws house pretty late (2 am) and proceeded to marvel at M's brand new 46 inch flat screen television. After about half an hour of the new Star Trek movie I had to get to bed and Dave eventually followed.
The next morning (at 7:30) I received a couple calls in a row from my grandma saying NOT to come visit because the flu was going around her living place. That wasn't really a concern since we weren't in town but I advised her to drink lots of water since she was recovering from the flu.
I wasn't feeling too sleepy after that so I tried to study my pharmacy tech book. I am becoming a little more intimidated by it, there may be more to memorize than I had initially assumed. Dave's parents cooked us breakfast and we enjoyed visiting with them and his grandma who is in town from California. Next it was on to errands. I mostly just followed around and ate samples as Dave's mom and grandma picked out the great dinner. I recommend Target's cinnamon sugar covered almonds, semi-healthy candy. The whole family got to eat together at Champ's for lunch and soon after the women left for our tour of the James J. Hill house. There were actors that kept us engaged in the day to day life of a servant in the house and often belittled us for our poor skills at housekeeping and cooking, since we were all applying for a waitress position at the house in 1901. We returned home and enjoyed a great meal with everyone before talking and joking, and finally just relaxing in front of the television.
Today I visited a good friend who's studying in Norway. Her mom still lives two houses away from my parents. We tried out a breakfast place in the area and were very pleased with the place, we finally left because it was pretty busy. I stopped at my parent's house to pick up some gifts. My dad (G) offered me food and advice before hugging me and sending me on my way again.
Dave and I packed up the car before meeting up with my dad (O) (there are two dads) and his girlfriend. We had a nice time visiting and opening presents.
My mom offered a suggestion for a new way to get home and it worked out pretty well, we may try it again in the future. Sometimes I forget how wide the twin cities area is, if we leave from one house we take a completely different route to get home than if we leave from another house 20 miles west.
Enough rambling about the weekend, I'm going to get to posting the videos so I can go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment