Thursday, November 4, 2010

time to get out the slingshot

My little angel :)
Peter is already one month old, he has his doctor's appointment tomorrow. On the 3rd he rolled from his tummy onto his back though after talking to some friends it sounds like it could be a fluke and it may still be a couple months before he can do it on a regular basis. I was so excited, I cheered him on and then when he actually rolled over I ended up crying about it because it makes me sad that he's growing up (and I'm a little sleep deprived, and I maybe have a touch of the baby blues). The day before he went to the polls with us (though he was passed out the whole time).

Overall I would say things are going well with moments of frustration and sleepiness. Last night Peter stayed up until midnight and still woke up at 1am and 4am. I took a late morning nap and was starting to drift off when I heard the evil woodpecker start knocking on the house. I think I noticed it on Monday or Tuesday... there's a small woodpecker that pecks on our house. We have this weird chip-board type siding, it looks like cardboard below the wood type exterior. There are two areas that the woodpecker likes to attack. It's frustrating because at first it seemed like I had a hard time scaring it off with noise, but every time I tried to get a photo of it the bird would fly far away. Here's the best I could do - the bird is just to the right of the center of the picture and I it might be visible if you click on the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...he's so peaceful! I'm sorry things are hard with the sleeping. It seems like if you aren't sleeping well everything else is SO MUCH HARDER to deal with. That first night that you get a good amount of sleep is like waking up a whole new person. You'll get there! :)
    Damn woodpeckers. I wish I had advice about that. :-P

    ReplyDelete