Monday, November 15, 2010

dreary post

I thought I had a bunch of things to say but now that I sit down to write I can't really think of them. I have an idea, but it's mostly just a list. That may be because my days are generally centered around Peter, and then there's a list I look at every day to make sure I'm getting some of the major things done such as letting the ferret out, getting the mail, dishes, showering, etc.

I started charting when Peter eats and sleeps so that I can more easily recognize patterns. So far the patterns are only fairly consistent. Currently Peter is going on two hours of awake time (he almost never goes more than 3 in a row). I think he's over-tired because not much is making him happy.

I really wanted to at least finish carving the pumpkin. I never did it before Halloween but I figured it's still good so I might as well do it now. I think it's going on three days of being worked on and I haven't even made any design.

One of the last times my mom visited she commented on my "mommy look." I said that it was easy for me to get the mommy look because I didn't care enough about the way I looked before I had a baby so now I was really letting things go - mainly my hair not being "fixed." My bangs were getting too long so the other day I trimmed them myself. That was sort of a mistake since they turned out pretty crooked, but I adjusted them so it's not as noticeable and they're out of my eyes so I'm happy.

I was invited to my work holiday party and need to figure out soon if I am going to go or not. I wanted to go but it sounds like I shouldn't be bringing baby with so now I'm weighing what I care about more, plus now it sounds like I have a friend coming to visit that weekend, so I guess I would have to find a babysitter and move the friend's visit. It's looking like I might not go.

There's snow on the ground here and it's been pretty cloudy and dreary, I wouldn't mind some sun tomorrow, or maybe just some continuous naps from Peter so I can actually clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment