Sunday, February 7, 2010

party weekend

Last weekend was a lot of fun getting to visit friends and going to the Anchor Bar, great hamburgers and cheap beer. We stayed at my sister's place and got to play with her bunny a little. It was nice to see our "Duluth people" again after a long time.

This week was spent doing errands and preparing for the "RockHero" party that took place this weekend. I got the last bits of wallpaper removed, we now just need to use the TSP on it to get all of the remaining glue. We had 11 people come over in all and they're all home or on their way home now. I'm using Dave's laptop to write this as I lay on my side in bed and hear Dave's quiet snores next to me. Apparently now that we're older we don't stay up late without paying for it.

The party went well with just a few small issues. About half of the people dressed up (like they were supposed to). I tried to get my hair to look like Flo's from the Progressive commercials but even though the enormous amount of hairspray was working, the curls in the front kept trying to flip in or sideways. I'll try to post some photos later. We didn't really organize the competitions much so the awards were slightly haphazard. Maybe I'll make a game plan up for next time. To explain a little, the party was a get together that involved dressing like rock stars and playing guitar hero and rockband on the playstation.

I can't decide if I'm really going to nap or not, but it will relieve some guilt and make falling asleep easier if I at least get the laundry started.

No comments:

Post a Comment