Sunday, February 28, 2010

random updates

I felt that I should update the blog, but I don't have much information so it will be random.

First, Lydia (the ferret), has something wrong with one of her "fingers" and her paw is swollen. I am concerned but for now I will be soaking her paw and watching to see if there are any changes. If nothing changes I plan to call the vet about the problem. I don't know what happened but it almost seems as if the one finger is broken, it's an outside one so it may have caught on something. The strange thing is that it doesn't seem to bother her much even when I mess around trying to examine it.

A new baby boy was born to some friends of ours so that was very exciting news. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Dave and I finished up season 3 of Dexter, and discussed what food cravings we have when watching it. Season 3 featured some very delicious looking cupcakes in a couple episodes which I want. Through out all of the seasons Dexter often brings donuts to his co-workers, this always makes Dave salivate. Maybe we're missing the point of the show.

Once again I am trying to promise myself that I won't let dishes go more than a day. Dave ended up doing a huge pile on Saturday despite my attempts to dissuade him (it was my turn but I had to work and he wasn't willing to view the sight until 4 when I returned home). I never feel like doing them when I get home from work and I haven't been getting up early enough to do them in the mornings (plus that would be annoying with the roommate). It doesn't matter how I feel though, they will just need to be done.

The roommate has been very respectful, other than not really doing the very few (but constant) dishes he makes, but I have to admit I enjoy having the house to ourselves so his departure in May will not be too remorseful. The best thing about his stay is the connection to the schools in the area, that may be beneficial to Dave in the future.

That's all for now, I am very hungry and the pot roast is almost done.

1 comment:

  1. Boo to dishes. Sometimes I think that it would be worth it to hire a housekeeper just to do the dishes and laundry. But we aren't at a place where we can afford it. But I still think about it sometimes.
    I'm glad you guys are doing well. Hopefully we get to see you soonish.

    ReplyDelete