Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Concert

We just got back home after the concert tonight. It was definitely an experience. Dave performed much better than I. He does well with the parents, band boosters, and students. His conducting was great too. My saxophone playing could have used a rehearsal (or two). Sadly, even though I'm a musician, I was thrown off by playing a counter-point to the main theme. I've also been practicing the songs much faster than the high schoolers were playing them. I finally eased into playing at the end and it was fun. A couple of squeaks and some out of tune notes, but I'm glad that I did it. It was nice to meet some of the families and students too.

Work was slightly stressful today, one of my coworkers is extremely frustrated with any additional tasks that are added on to our regular duties. She's also unhappy that they are soon pulling me two days a week to the pharmacy (rather than working the floor). Yesterday was my first real day in the pharmacy and I learned how to do blister packs... it's packing pills for each day of the week and also divided into different times of day (like those 7 day pill organizers, except it's for the entire month). I loved it, it was calm and relaxing. I like doing beadwork and sewing so it reminded me of that somehow. Enough brain usage to keep me from being bored, but it included just methodically placing pills into the right slots and melting the sheets together to seal.

Kiki and Lydia are playing so that's nice to see. I'm ready to go to bed so I guess that's it. I'll try to write and post pictures about Halloween. Dave might be deserting me to play poker. Also I'm excited for the end of my money seminar this week. I have Thursday off since I have to work on Saturday so I can be relaxed about getting to the cities and hopefully, maybe? get some raking done since there are a ton more leaves on the ground since we raked.

No comments:

Post a Comment