Friday, October 9, 2009

The Gorge, and Halloween preview


First I will post a few photos that I meant to have on here a few weeks ago...

"Our" lake at sunrise.
Young adult loon.
Entrance to "the Gorge."














The photo on the right is also near the entrance of the gorge and if you look closely you can see the crane that I kept trying to get
shots of, just looks like a silhouette.


















Here's one of the crane even further away, but more defined.

And lastly, a shot of the gorge (this is facing away from home).


It's past my bedtime but I will say that I am fully recovered from whatever was wrong yesterday. This leads me to think it may have been the flu shot, but I guess I'll never know for sure. Dave had pep band tonight so he's a little wiped out too. I'm excited about my Halloween costume. I'm going to be Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Maybe I'll take pictures of that progress. I don't seem to be able to complete sewing patterns so I usually just make something up myself. I've been making the dress out of this left over red material (from a Queen Amidala costume, but I am only making something to copy, since I don't have extra material for the Sally costume and I did have extra expendable red material. I did trace the lines for darts from a real pattern (that was meant for a shirt), but otherwise I just took my measurements and drew them onto the fabric (it made mathematical sense at least). Yay for Fridays... the end.

oh, P.S. the gorge is what my parents (and I) call this narrow strip of water that connects the lower lake to the upper lake. There's a current and the water is deep enough to dive into (in some places). It's also a fun place to go because it's not private property (or at least no one has a house on it), and has several good places to pull a canoe up and hang out or picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment