Thursday, October 8, 2009

flu or flu shot

My temperature is raised and I am achy all over, I'm hoping that this is just a result of my caving and getting the flu shot yesterday, and not that I'm actually getting the flu. I came home from work at noon and have napped since. I'm eating left over soup and hoping that I feel better tomorrow for work. I decided not to go down to the cities for the money seminar I'm in, I think the drive would be difficult and I need more sleep than I could get if I went (11pm to 5am sleep window).

There's also the possibility that Dave will be going to the "boys weekend" at the cabin, so now I get to see him before he leaves if he does decide to go.

I've heard of a few people getting these symptoms after a flu shot, I know it's better than the real flu but still... I'm kind of a small person, maybe they should give me less of the vaccine? Or maybe I just took too long to get the shot and I have the real flu (don't think so since I plan on being better tomorrow :) ). I'm a huge wimp about needles which is why previously I haven't received a flu shot. The last shot I had was in 1997, and that was for Hepatitis B (I'm behind on tetanus unfortunately). The shot itself turned out to be no big deal, a tiny prick on my arm and soreness at the site. Apparently I just built it up enormously in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment