Saturday, August 7, 2010

baby stuff

Delinquent again... I want to at least get through some major updates in this post, it won't be in chronological order though.

Dave and his dad, with help from me, put in a fake wood (vinyl) floor in the baby's room. Dave's family also bought us a crib which is now set up. I think the room looks really nice and am more excited.

I passed the glucose test and continue to eat ice cream. I also had a second ultrasound which showed baby seeming to flex it's muscles. I will have to add that photo later. The placenta has moved up which is great, and after learning more it wasn't horribly low to begin with (3.8 cm away from the cervix initially).

We started and finished the birthing classes since last time I wrote. They were informative and I do know a little better what to expect, but I thought I'd learn even more about the hospital policies. One thing I did figure out was the baby step coupons... when I go to my appointments and to the birthing classes I receive these slips for Baby Steps, a store in town. I finally went there one day on my lunch to check it out and was annoyed that prices weren't listed until I realized that the little stickers with numbers like 2,3,4, etc were listing the number of coupons you would pay to get the item. Now I'm pretty excited about those coupons and have been saving them up.

My cousin had a baby shower for me. I had fun and it was nice to see a lot of people that I don't get to very often. I couldn't believe how well we did for gifts, there's not a lot that I really need other than the diapers and I even have a start on that.

The pregnancy is still going well, I feel baby move a lot and even felt hiccups a few nights ago. I still like the belly and am mostly only uncomfortable when I first wake up in the morning or to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night because my ribs seem to be tired of me being on my side with belly weighing things down. I've gained about 25 pounds already but have slowed the gain a little in the last few weeks. My feet get tired and hurt after less time, I'm guessing it's the added weight, I'm worried my arches are going to flatten out. Very little swelling which is good since there's preeclampsia on my dad's side.

I called a ton of daycares on the last day I updated the blog. I didn't chose any but have a much shorter list to look at now with some prices. I talked to my boss, it was made a lot easier by the fact that another floor person and tech were hired, it took the stress off. He was totally fine with me taking what I wanted off (12 weeks was my preference) and I can come back 3 days a week. I still need to talk to the lead technician to work out the details but I'm pretty happy about everything. Money will be tight but I'd rather spend time with the baby and hopefully get better at taking care of home and hubby, obviously there will be quite an adjustment period, but those extra days off should allow me to do more around the house and more importantly give me time to plan (meals, schedules, etc).

I am hungry and have been awake for an hour and a half (mostly spent just laying in bed) so I'm going to go eat and start to get things done, I have a million onesies that need tending to.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! Have I mentioned that enough? ;-) I'm glad you were able to work things out with your boss, too! That's awesome.
    I'm glad the birthing classes were informative. How was the hospital tour (did you get one)? Are you doing a birth plan (not that you need to; just wondering)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a while so I don't know if this comment will be checked... but yes, we did get a hospital tour as part of the birthing class. I had hoped to learn more and also hoped there would be a fridge in the room (didn't see one). Everything seemed good though and it sounds like they'll let me move around if I want. I wrote up a really short birth plan just kind of saying I wanted to avoid pain meds, vacume, and c-section unless really necessary, want to breastfeed, and circumcise (in case of boy). Now I'm thinking about getting a the hospital bag ready.

    ReplyDelete