Wednesday, June 30, 2010

hopes for a productive day

5 good things
1. I have the day off of work
2. I bought a few baby things and new maternity pants for cheap at a co-worker's pre-garage sale
3. I am optimistic about what I will accomplish today (mostly because it's still early)
4. The cat has become my buddy while Dave is gone
5. The weather has been really nice this week (we've had rain for weeks)

I missed Dave the most on Monday. It was a tiring day for me, I even skipped my walk. Now I'm feeling better with the day off and less week to get through, though I do have to work on Saturday and again on Monday even though I guess it's supposed to be a holiday since Independence Day falls on a Sunday this year. I guess if I needed drugs I would appreciate my drugstore being open.

Next week will mark a couple pregnancy milestones for me. Besides being week 27, it will also be the week I have my glucose check (fingers crossed that I don't have gestational diabetes, it will be difficult to give up many carbs and sweets), and Dave and I start our "baby classes." I'm hoping to learn a lot in them and feel more confident about the whole birthing experience. I should also get some answers about how my clinic/hospital feels about a birth plan. I plan on writing one that covers any major stuff... such as, please don't give me a c-section unless it is completely necessary for the well-being of the baby and/or me. I can work out how I word it in the next few weeks. Today one of my primary goals is to get a start on finding daycares and rates. I am nervous, this will help me decide what I want to say to my boss when I sit down and talk about maternity leave and possible part-time work. Maybe if I'm being proactive enough I will check in again today with a list of accomplishments (it's nice once in a while to see what I got done, but only when it's a satisfying amount of stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment