Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Still getting settled

Dave and I have still been "setting up house," although I guess it's more that I am moving things around and he's playing Star Wars on the playstation. He did sweep the house, as in, he swept the siding of all the cobwebs - with all of the spiders around here I'm sure they will return soon. I was saddened today by finding that I had run over a huge caterpillar. It was minty green and about the size of my thumb in both length and width, I guess that's what happens when it hangs out next to the garage :(

Over the weekend I was able to organize the kitchen - was incredibly excited about that (especially about alphabetizing the spices), put books into the shelves, and got a patch of dirt on the side of the house ready for a garden next year. It was full of weeds and as I soon found out, slugs.

This is a picture of the area half-weeded.


...and here is a picture of it completely weeded.


...the pile of weeds I tore out (barehanded!)


and some close-ups of the slugs




I need to go to bed now, but I should at least note that Dave has started work this week (no kids yet) and that I am becoming more proficient at my job. I hope to write more about it tomorrow but I keep thinking I'm going to have more time in the evenings and never seem to. It reminds me of the quote, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

No comments:

Post a Comment