Wednesday, March 9, 2011

update 2

Wow, it's been a long time... Peter is 5 months old now and we've started giving him rice cereal. It's so exciting to me, even a highlight of my day (guess that's mommy-hood for you). He has a pretty bad cold right now that involves lots of congestion and coughing but I think it's getting better. No fever at least.

Work has been going pretty well, I'm getting a little better at knowing what to do. I had a review at the beginning of the month that went pretty well, I need need to work on taking initiative and having confidence but otherwise it sounds like they are pleased with my work.

Dave has been busy with fundraiser type events for his big Chicago trip (taking the jr. and sr. high students there over an extended weekend in April) and with pep band, girls basketball is doing pretty well.

As for my "30" list...

Accomplished: 6. Pay off our car (this was very recent and was possible because of the contract being settled at Dave's school and because of our tax refund), 19. Go out to eat sans Peter

In progress: 2. Mark b-days and communicate, 4. Eat dinner at the table (mostly going very well), 11. Meal plan (mixed results, but my cooking has been much better since January), 14. Eat veggies (getting better), 15. Read books (I'm on book 4 for the year), 17. Peter sleep schedule (he's starting to sleep through the night and stay up for longer periods during the day, I may abandon a true schedule as long as he's taking naps and going to bed between 6-8pm), 18. Drink water, 20. Visit grandma, 21. play flute (slow start but it's been fun now that I'm doing it), 27. P goes skiing... this may not happen, but I may substitute taking him around in his sled.

Seasonal (not happening yet): 3. P's b-day party, 24. mine dump cliff jump, 26. P swimming, 29. canoeing, 30. garage sale

Not accomplished: 1. P's college fund, 5. news (although sometimes I catch some on NPR), 7. increase savings, 8. week w/o technology, 9. more family time, 10. crabby control, 12. trip plans, 13. house plants, 16. will, 22. cleaning, 23. file cabinet, 25. Dave love, 28. oreo cake (this is coming up soon, I have all of the ingredients - including ones that will expire within a week).

1 comment:

  1. It HAS been a while; good to see you writing! I can't believe Peter is 5 months old already. We will need to get together with you guys again sometime soon.

    Good job on the progress on your list! It makes me want to review my list and see what things I can check off/mark as "work in progress."

    ReplyDelete