Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oasis

Not the band - I just came to an oasis of sleep. I was expecting another rotten night since Peter slept until after 11 in the morning yesterday, but due to never taking more than a 40 minute nap after the late morning he went down at 11pm and didn't wake until 5am; cue hallelujah chorus. I thought it would mean an earlier day today but so far he has mostly been sleeping and it's almost 1pm. I should mention that he is sick with his first cold. I keep suctioning his nose, he's pretty good with it, he fidgets at first but often after the first suck he will hold still and let me do it.

The sun has come out, I wish I could bring Peter out, but it's 12 degrees and he's sick. I'll have to ask the doctor what his opinion is on bringing Peter out in the winter, I would like to do it, maybe I'll look into infant ski masks.

I keep feeling like I need to try to talk about something other than Peter but honestly it's hard for me to come up with much else. It's what I do now. I am going back to work 3 days a week in January and have found 2 daycares (I am only planning on using one of them, the other is a center so I could always go there if something doesn't work out with the first one). I am not looking forward to leaving Peter at daycare but I also think that it's important for me to see other adults. Dave has had quite a few late nights in the last few weeks because of pep band, orchestra, band boosters, and getting ready for holiday concerts so I've felt a little isolated. Also, we are going to be hurting for money soon if I don't make some. Each month I divide up our extra money between Dave, Peter, savings, and myself. That extra money is our "fun" money but this last month I had to subtract from Dave and my fun money (I never take from Peter or savings) since we spent more than we made. I didn't make any money over my maternity leave because I used up my 27 hours of PTO on my trip last spring. I should actually have a lot more PTO this year because I worked almost 6 months more in 2010 than 2009 and that is what our time off is based on.

----

Peter woke up and I've been playing with him for the last hour, now we're watching SNL on Hulu while Peter practices batting at objects so I guess it's time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment